Friday, May 28, 2010

My April pocket - April is the month my granddaughter was born and I wanted to take this pocket and celebrate new life, springtime and my favorite things - flowers, butterflys and dragonflys! I used rainbow tourmaline and amethyst for the flowers. For the leaves I used some carved leaves I got at the local store and green florite and peridot for the vines. There wasn't a lot of heavy thoughts on this one, I just tried to put forth the feelings of spring, new life, new beginnings. It is one of my favorite so far.
hugs

6 comments:

  1. A lovely sentiment and a very pretty pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite so far. I just really love your pockets and this one is very appropriate for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April is a month of new beginnings in many ways - your granddaughter's birthday, your moving on in your own life. It's a beautiful pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very pretty pocket. i like this one a lot! love the movement of the butterfly and dragonfly. pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this turned out so beautiful, I love all that stones you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful, cheerful, sweet piece, Kat! What a lovely way to celebrate the birth of your granddaughter and of spring!

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete