Monday, May 3, 2010

looking back


looking back did you ever see?
did you ever see the real me?
did you think it would last?
while you held me fast?

looking back do you remember me?
do you remember
that first look,
our first kiss...
do you remember this?

looking back did you ever think?
did you ever think it would end like this?
packing my bags,
loading the car,
not... looking back... and looking too far?

looking back do you ever feel?
do you feel right,
do you sleep at night?

looking back do you ever think?
do you ever think anything at all?
or were the years that went by nothing at all?

Looking back, all I see is miles and miles
as I drove away from all that I had
looking for a way to see beyond the bad,
looking for ways to put life back in my smiles.

I don't look back anymore,
I have so much more in store
I can't waste time on things that won't change
I have too many things easily within range
looking back is for fools
if you see me looking, I'm not looking for you
kat
this isn't exactly how I had it in my head when I thought it up on the drive home, but I guess it really doesn't matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment