Sunday, March 21, 2010

March pocket finished!


Where to start? One day at work I created this doodle and I liked it because it showed to me a definite battle and separation of my life. The battle was the uphill climbs during my 30 yr marriage. The mountains depict that part, including the rocky parts, the snowy parts and the easy downhill coasting. The last of the mountains are covered in snow, just as our marriage was covered in the frost and cold of neglect. The blue and white bead depict the blue skies and cloudy days. We had a lot of both for a long time. The white beads depict the snow continuing to fall, just as our marriage continued to fall out of control. (did anyone see the 2 beaded circles within the mountains? This represents our vows - gold standing for him and silver for me)

The river divides that life and my new life. It wasn't easy to cross, but I've managed somehow. The bear is my totem and his trail begins and ends at the bottom where the button says life's journey. I also added the 2 circles in my present life. They represent my vows to myself, to remain faithful to my beliefs, my self, and my future. I created a rainbow with golds and silvers to represent this era in my life. I may not have a man to share my life with but it is filled with golden moments of time with family and friends. While this was a difficult piece to do, I think it has helped me to work through some of the issues of my failed marriage. There is still a lot of hurt there, but I am pushing past it and moving on with my life.

My journey hasn't ended, it's just begun.

4 comments:

  1. how appropriate the button says life's journey on it. this must have been a difficult piece to bead, reflecting on the past, but also positive in looking to the future. thank you for sharing this and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat
    I would say that while beading this piece you have truly discovered what bead journaling is. I noticed you two circles right off.

    Whether this piece guided you, or you predesigned it is no matter. Its a wonderful powerful piece that really speaks of your emotions about this change in your life.

    Also, the piece and your commentary feel very ...resolved. One might expect to feel an angst but there is none.

    Good luck Kat. I hope you are given a smooth path, at least for a while.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed the two circles right off also. This is journaling to the max. And you did a great job of it! Good luck to your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautiful and telling imagery in this piece telling your story visually is amazing, Kat!!!! Your healing process and new beginnings journey is evident and strong. I love this piece! This to me is what the BJP is for. Bravo! May your totem bear guide you well... Hugs, Robin A.

    ReplyDelete